Parsley parsley parsley pesto!! It’s seriously THE BEST! Our new kitchen staple and so easy to make. Parsley is a heavily used herb in our casa so when we have a bunch or two starting to wilt or loosing it’s spring we make PESTO! Of course paired with pasta is a delicious way to enjoy but this dressing is perfect for pizza, soup, sandwich, bruschetta toppings as well!! Experiment! Enjoy!
A fresh and easy way to enjoy Parsley!
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (bottom stems cut off)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 ounces grated parmigiano
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a blender, food processor, or chopper, add parsley and 2 tablespoon olive oil and blend until combined and chopped down.
- Put parsley into large bowl, add 5 ounces parmigiano and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir until combined.
- Move parsley and cheese mixture back into blender and blend until parsley is super fine and texture is like a spread.
- Cook pasta accordingly and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. In large saucepan over low heat add olive oil, parsley mixture and a splash of pasta water. Add cooked pasta and stir until pasta is throughly coated in pesto sauce. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and more pasta water if needed. Once butter is melted remove from heat and add remaining parmigiano. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately Buon Appetito!
Store in fridge for one week. Use for pizza, soup, or sandwich toppings!