Bringing together Italy and Argentina in one delicious creamy dessert everyone will love! Perfect for a dinner party or whenever you’re pressed for time. Its quick and easy to put together with barely any cooking and finishing its set in the fridge (while you enjoy your wine). I couldn’t find the exact cookies needed in my local grocery store but the traditional cookies you can buy online or just bake some chocolate wafers yourself! I used this recipe. Also you can add some cream cheese to your dulce de leche to add another classic Argentinian touch.
Combining two desserts from Argentina and Italy! Super easy!
- 16 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup whole milk
- dulce de leche
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet powder gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra cookie crumbles and dulce de leche for topping
- This is an individual made dessert. We need 4 small bowls or, what I used, coffee cups is perfect. Start building cookie and dulce layers, dip the cookie in milk then place in bowl/cup. Then spread a layer of dulce. Repeat 4 times.
- In a small sauce pot add heavy cream and sugar. Bring heat to med/low and keep an eye on it. We don’t want the cream to boil just come to a light simmer. Remove from heat and add vanilla.In a separate bowl add gelatin and water. Mix until gelatin fully dissolves. Pour cream mixture into gelatin and whisk until combined.
- Pour cream gelatin mixture evenly over the cookie dulce cups. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Top with cookie crumbles and a little dulce. Serve and enjoy! Will last in fridge for 3 days.