Nothing beats the creamy burrata cheese we all know and love! And what’s better then layering it in fresh lasagna pasta with besciamella and mushrooms? Not much! If you choose to make your pasta at home here’s our fresh pasta recipe but don’t fret you can buy fresh pasta at your grocery store or just use dried. If using dried cook in salted water until al dente before assembling. ENJOY!
Lasagna al forno with Burrata and Mushroom!
- 1 shallot diced
- 14 oz mixed mushroom sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4-1/2 cup of mushroom or veggie broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 garlic cloves whole
- 3 cups whole milk
- a pinch of nutmeg
- fresh parsley chopped
- 4 burrata balls
- parmigiano grated
- olive oil
- 7 sheets of lasagna noodles to fit size of baking dish. If using dried you may need to use 2 sheets per layer to cover dish.
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and heat over med high. Add shallot let cook until softened. Add mushrooms. After a few minutes add wine. Lower heat and keep cooking until mushroom soften. Add broth when mushrooms start to stick. After all liquid has been soaked up turn off heat and start besciamella sauce.
- In a small sauce pot start making besciamella. Add butter turn heat to med and melt butter. Add flour and whisk until paste consistency. Add garlic. Slowly start to incorporate milk while whisking. Keep whisking until sauce thickens about 10 minutes. Spoon test. Take off heat and add a pinch of salt and nutmeg. Add 1/4 cups of besciamella to mushroom mixture and stir. Add parsley.
- Cut burrata in half and scoop out straccitella in separate bowl. Outside shell of burrata roughly chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven 375. Start to assemble lasagna. In a 7×10 casserole dish. Spread besciamella in bottom and layer one sheet pasta. Spread more besciamella, some mushrooms, chopped burrata, sprinkle parmigiano and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Repeat for each layer. On the 7th layer add remaining besciamella and straccitella. Top with a little fresh parsley. Bake for 30 mins. Cool for 10 mins. Serve immediately or cool and freeze for later.