A New Year’s Eve childhood Italian classic for Francesco! He loved this dish so much he asked his mom to make it from New Years all the way into the end of February. Very simple and super easy to make for a quick weeknight dinner.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
An Italian childhood classic for Francesco!
- 500 grams pasta (pennoni, paccheri, or rigatoni works great)
- 2 filets of salmon (skin removed) cut into cubes
- 1/2 white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- lemon zest
- olive oil
- In a large sauté pan add olive oil over med/high heat and add butter. Once melted add onion and garlic clove. Cook for 6-8 mins or until onions become translucent. Add salmon and mix with wooden spoon. Cook for 1 min, salmon will turn pink on the outside. Add heavy cream and parsley. Keep the heat high and keep mixing. The cream will begin to bubble and reduce.
- Meanwhile start cooking pasta as directed on package. DO NOT cook fully in boiling water. Before it reaches the perfect al dente, transfer pasta to creamy salmon sauce, lower heat to med/low and finish cooking there. Remember to always save some pasta water. Add if needed. Once cooked to liking turn off heat add salt to taste and some lemon zest. Serve immediately.